*update* Thanks to all those who have contacted me, either as a donor or as a recipient of books. Due to the high demand, please note that priority for recipients is given to law students and NCA students (proof of enrolment is required), then recent law graduates (graduated within the past 3 years).
If you have text books or books on the legal subjects that you no longer need, how about listing them for donation here, so that others can enjoy your book?
I am starting a virtual book shelf, devoted to books on legal subjects (or DVD’s and CD’s), right here at Litigation Help. This way, we can all help each other out by donating or exchanging books we no longer need.
I have created a “core” library of titles that you can borrow. See (A) CORE LIBRARY below. This is only available in the Greater Toronto Area. Pick up location will be at Brentwood Library (west Toronto, near Royal York subway station). (We can arrange for a time to meet.) As these are from my own collection, I would like to have them back when you are done with them, or until someone else wants to borrow them. As such, I would require you to leave me with you phone number or email address.
I also have a selection of free books you can take to keep. We can again meet at Brentwood library for you to receive the books. See (B) Books to Take For Free below.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you would like to borrow or obtain free books.
(A) CORE LIBRARY
These are only for long term borrowing (eg. 6 months-1 year)
- The Happy Lawyer. Nancy Levit and D. Linder. 2010
- Introduction to Law in Canada. John Fairlie and P. Sworden. 2014
- Family Law : Practice and Procedure. J. Kurtz. 2010. Although there are more recent editions, there are still a lot of sections that are very useful.
- Journey to Justice. D. Barrie. 2015. This is a great book by Denice Barrie for self-represented litigants.
- McGregor on Damages. 1972.
- Legal Liability of Doctors and Hospitals in Canada. 4th Ed. E. Picard and G. Robertson. 2007
- Watt’s Manual of Criminal Evidence. David Watt. 2014
- The Law of Search and Seizure in Canada. J. Fontana and D. Keeshan 2010
(B) BOOKS TO TAKE FOR FREE!
You are welcome to take and keep any of these titles.
Injunctions and Specific Performance. R. Sharpe. 1983. Practitioner’s Guide to Estate Practice in Ontario. 4th ed. M. Rintoul. 2004 The 2019 Annotated Copyright Act. N. Tamaro Criminal Procedure. F. Weinper, M. Sandler. 1997.
- Canadian Tort Law. A.Linden, L. N. Klar. 1999.
- Labour and Employment Law. Case Materials and Commentary, 7th ed. 2004.
Comprehensive Guide to Legal Research, Writing and Analysis. Vol.2. M. McCarney et al. 2013. How to WinG a Trial. M. Hassell. 2020.
New titles will be added in the next few months. Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/litigationhelp
(C) BOOK EXCHANGE
If you would like to donate books, please post a comment in the comment box below. These fields are mandatory: Title of book, author(s), date of publishing, your name and email (contact). A person who is interested in the donation will make arrangements with the donor directly to pick up the book(s).
Many thanks to Jenny Bilas, J.D. Candidate 2022, Osgoode Hall Law School, Co-President of Mature Students Association for helping me launch this initiative!